The following are links that we think will interest many of our clients. They often provide helpful information, but because we cannot monitor each website to track changes in content, we offer these for information purposes only. If you propose to begin a new course of treatment or diet for your pet, we recommend that you check with us first.
If you have lost or found a pet, please call the local shelters and veterinary hospitals to make a report. And if you've found a pet, if possible take it to a shelter or veterinary hospital to check for a microchip.
• Orange County Animal Protection (Paws4Ever) – 919-967-7383 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Humane Society of Alamance County – 336-438-2023
Burlington Animal Shelter – 336-578-1386
• For injured and orphaned wildlife, call Triangle Wildlife Rehabilitation Clinic – 919-544-3330
• For injured turtles – N.C. State College of Veterinary Medicine Turtle Rescue Team
• For indoor cats, the Indoor Pet Initiative
• Jenn Merritt/Blue Dog Creature Coaching
• Triangle Veterinary Emergency Clinic (TVEC)
• VSH (Veterinary Specialty Hospital of the Carolinas)
7015 NC Highway 751
Durham, NC 27707
• ASPCA's Pet Food Recall Resource Center
• Bed and Bone www.bedandbone.net
• Paws at the Corner (in Hillsborough) 919-644-0729
• Phydeaux (in Chapel Hill) www.phydeauxpets.com
• Petsense (in Mebane) 919-568-0101
• Diet information: www.dogaware.com (Disclaimer: Although this website has some very useful information, all things are not correct for all pets, so please check with us before feeding a new diet or adding supplements.)
• While we do not provide kennel services, full-service boarding and grooming is available next door at the Bed and Bone Boarding Kennel (919-563-4756). We do provide veterinary services for animals while boarded there.